Friday 5 June 2015

Friday Flicks: Spiderman Trilogy Vs The Amazing Spiderman



VS





**Spoilers imminent** (But I believe by now you have seen Spider-Man I hope!)


The Spider-mans have been showing on Television a lot of recent..
I am SUCH a marvel superhero nerd, and I am a huge fan of the Spider-man trilogy (When Tobey Maguire was Spider-man) and the 3 spider-man's were amazing.. I loved each one of them-- they captured the essence of MJ and Peter's relationship so well-- you know Peter being in love with her since they were young-- MJ being 'the girl next door'.. *dreamy sigh*
The first Spider-man was of course becoming familiar with the story of how Spider-man became Spider-man, as well as his first villian, The Green Goblin, who comes to being through a scientific experiment gone wrong (Like how all villians are created..) who is Harry's (Played by James Franco) who is 'Peter Parker's' best friend father.
The movie ends with him (Harry's Father who is the green goblin) dying.
As well as Peter's Uncle, dying.

The second Spider-man is the best one in my opinion.. Mary Jane and Peter are happily together, in love.. everything-- Mary Jane knows that Peter is Spider-man... Harry finds out that it was Peter (Spider-man) who 'killed' (Harry does get told, even though Peter also said it, how his father actually dies) his father and begins to seek revenge.. (continues into the third Spider-man) and another new villian is on the horizon, 'Doctor Octopus' again created by an experiment gone wrong...
As well as Harry picking up where his dad left off... (The Green Goblin.. ahem)

The Third Spider-man introduces a new black suited Spider-man (Venom) which can be seen as the 'bad' Spider-man-- some weird matter from space lands on earth and is attracted to anger and aggression.. and it has parasitic behaviour... so once attached to its 'host' it's very hard for them to come out-- but I won't spoil this one. Harry and Peter reconcile their friendship... Peter and Mary Jane enter a rocky patch in their relationship..(in more ways than one..)
Peter comes into competition with another photographer in town..
Yet another villian on the horizon, 'Sandman' who we later find out that he was the one that killed Peter's uncle...
Harry dies in this Spider-man and it STILL gets me every time.

Right

'The Amazing Spiderman' came after a 5 year gap after Spider-man 3. A new 'Peter Parker' a new 'Mary Jane Watson' a new 'Harry'.. I believe this movie did not meet up to my expectations of Spider-man and I believe it did not do Spider-man any justice.
The movie felt half-assed, and the actors for me didn't do justice to the characters.

I don't know.. maybe because my loyalty lies with Tobey forever being Spider-man and Red haired Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane.,..
But no. The Amazing Spider-man does not get my vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment