Thursday 18 June 2015

#31 Pinterest

I'm sure you guys have heard of an App called 'Pinterest'?

Does the icon ring any bells?

Well.. I believe this app is an IMMENSE tool for writing inspiration.

As the world is becoming more and more technologically intelligent, we as writers also need to get with the times!

Obviously.. there are some old habits that we can't kick.. like writing out your draft on paper or in your various notebooks (I still do that..)

But.. have you ever used pictures as a tool for writing inspiration? I've created a 'Writing inspiration' board on my Pinterest, and I have some pictures on there and associated them with particular themes, so if I ever feel a little less motivated or don't have inspiration, I go there and I immediately get ideas-- I think with associating the pictures with themes, it helped me to be able to form a little story in my head-- I'm a very visual person.. and as long as I can see something.. I immediately get inspired.. and I can already start picturing scenes in my head.

I believe we all have smart phones... so download the app 'Pinterest' and see how you get on.

If you want to follow me on there, just pop a comment in the box and we can be Pinterest buddies!

If you don't have a smartphone, you can do it online.

We can never stop having sources for writing inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment